Sunday, March 14, 2010

Almost There

In a couple of days we will enter into this new adventure of owning a home.  I am knocking on wood when I say this - which will be even easier in our new house as there is a good deal of wood panelling.  This blog background is perfect in fact... wood panelling, pink and green definitely dominate the decor at the moment.  Some of this wonderful stuff c.1960 will be treasured and hopefully we'll be able to take care of it as immaculately as the previous owners.  Other parts, namely the wood panelling, shag carpets and drop ceiling will soon be dispatched.  Those parts of the house will be lovingly returned to their turn of the 20th century origins.  Variety is the spice of life they say, so I don't see anything wrong with a dual-era house.  I still can't believe how lucky we are to be able to do this, I plan to keep this gratitude in my heart and try to share my good fortune with others.

1 comment:

phoebe said...

I am very excited about the new blog. Love the intro and background!